|The Valdosta Teachers'
Federal Credit Union was organized in 1958. The first Board of Directors
were: Fredeva Ogletree, President; A.W. Basemore, Vice-President;
Nan Allen, Treasurer; Walter Harrison, Secretary. Other Directors
included: Ms. Willie Dewberry, Hadley McDuffie and Clara Stipe.
of this credit union is to promote thrift among members, by affording
them an opportunity for accumulating their savings; and to create
for them a source of credit for provident or productive purposes.
To serve employees and members of the Valdosta, Georgia, Board
of Education (including Valdosta Technical College) who work in
Valdosta, GA; employees of this credit union, members of their immediate
families; and organizations of such persons.
South Georgia Regional
Library was added in 1989. Laws Furniture Central, Laws Magnolia
Furniture Gallery, and Furniture Mart at King Frog were added in
2000. Valdosta High School students and Brooks County schools were added in 2006.
Click here for a full list of the organizations that the Credit Union serves.