The Valdosta Teachers' Federal Credit Union was organized in 1958. The first Board of Directors were: Fredeva Ogletree, President; A.W. Basemore, Vice-President; Nan Allen, Treasurer; Walter Harrison, Secretary. Other Directors included: Ms. Willie Dewberry, Hadley McDuffie and Clara Stipe.
The purpose of this credit union is to promote thrift among members, by affording them an opportunity for accumulating their savings; and to create for them a source of credit for provident or productive purposes.
South Georgia Regional Library was added in 1989. Laws Furniture Central, Laws Magnolia Furniture Gallery, and Furniture Mart at King Frog were added in 2000. Valdosta High School students and Brooks County schools were added in 2006.
Click here for a full list of the organizations that the Credit Union serves.